AIRPARK OPERATIONS - Student Aircraft Mechanic
Under general direction of the lead shop mechanic provide maintenance service at Andrews University.
FAA Maintenance Technician License with Airframe and Powerplant ratings.
Duties and responsibilities
- Performs maintenance and inspection work under the direction of the lead mechanic on AU and customer aircraft.
- Pull aircraft in/out of hangar; help in tying down aircraft; fueling, assist in departmental activities; attend meetings; performs other duties as assigned.
FAA Certificates: Maintenance Certificate with Airframe and Powerplant ratings
- Knowledge of light aircraft maintenance
- Piper aircraft experience preferred.
Have good interpersonal/human relations skills
Verbal and written communication skills
Ability to approach problems/decisions analytically
Ability to reason logically and methodically
Ability to perform under stressful circumstances
Attentiveness to detail
- Must be able to perform all type of maintenance functions
- Must be able to work indoors and outdoors in all types of Michigan weather while performing maintenance functions as needed.
- Must be able to move aircraft in and out of the hanger.
Be able to work inside and outside and in an aircraft in all weather conditions.