Waiting on the world to change?
Wait no longer. The Changes component of the co-curriculum helps you learn and grow through out-of-class experiences. Here's how it works:
1. Obtain a Changes form. This form has two parts:
- a Contract to be filled out before the experience
- an Assessment to be completed after the experience
Changes forms can be picked up at the Student Life office or downloaded here. Contracts must be filed with the Student Life office before September 30 (Fall Semester) or January 31 (Spring Semester) and Assessments completed by the last day of classes.
Changes planner Click here to learn more about planning for a Changes experience.
- student organization
- campus ministry
- campus or community Workplace
- undergraduate research opportunity
- personal wellness group
- community agency
- local church
- athletic organization
- professional conference
You may apply for credit in a single placement category no more than four times.
3. Select a Placement Advisor. This person may be an:
- athletic coach
- chaplain or pastor
- residence hall dean
- student organization sponsor
- workplace supervisor
Advisors must be directly involved with your chosen experience and either be an full-time Andrews employee or someone approved by the Student Life office.
4. Be actively involved for 10 hours or more. This may be leading out, volunteering, working, practicing, performing, etc.
5. Reflect on your experience. You will be asked to reflect on:
- transformational outcomes (how you or others were changed for the better)
- transferable skills (skills gained that could be valuable in other situations)
Your Advisor will also offer observations and verify your hours of participation.
6. Receive five co-curricular credits. A satisfactorily completed ELF will result in five co-curricular credits. These will not apply toward the Chapel/Forum minimum or the Residence Hall minimum. Only one ELF may be completed per semester.