Plan an Activity
Activity Request Forms
When planning campus events (not routine club meetings or functions), all organizations, including Student Associations (AUGSA and AUSA), must submit an Activity Request Form with the sponsor's signature to the Student Life Office.
- Activity requests should be made at least two weeks prior to scheduled events.
- Sponsors (or faculty/staff designees) are required to attend all club events.
- Activity Request Forms are available here and at the Student Life Office.
- Activities will be posted on your organization's contact page.
A copy of your completed Activity Request Form, approved by your sponsor and the Student Life office, must be presented to campus entities in order to secure University services (facility reservations, transportation, equipment rentals) and promotional rights (for posters, SM and AUTV advertisements, etc.).
Reserve a Facility
Promote your event
The planning of campus activities must be done with care and consideration.
- Student leaders must show respect in their activity planning for the mission, values and policies of the University.
- Their activity plans must respect a Christian worldview and our unique Adventist perspective.
- Their choices must demonstrate respect for the consciences of others.
- And they must show sensitivity to the convictions of the University's varied constituencies (board members, alumni, parents, donors), even as they ask these stakeholders to respect the generational differences of today's young adults.
- Please refer to our Activity Planning Guide for specifics.
Chaperonage, Auditions, Transportation
Activity planners should also be aware of the following requirements:
- Overnight, off-campus events require a faculty/staff chaperone (usually an advisor). Co-ed overnight events require both a female and male faculty/staff chaperone. Participants who live in the residence halls will need to fill out an overnight leave, and the residence halls should be notified in writing of your plan, including students participating and the faculty/staff member(s) who will be present.
- Student talent or fashion exhibitions are expected to hold auditions and dress rehearsals before the final performance. The advisor is to be present for these screenings.
- University Transportation should be used whenever possible for transporting students to off-campus events. Otherwise, students should be notified that they are responsible for providing their own transportation to a given location.