Student Organization Orientations
Get Started in the Right Direction!
The last step in the student organization registration session is attending a Student Organization Orientation session. Attendance at this session is required of the organization's advisor and at least one officer (preferably the president, treasurer, or both). In this Orientation session you will learn about:
- Myths and truths of leadership
- Three purposes for every student organization
- Financial policies and procedures
- Activity planning and approval
- The role of the advisor
- Accessing campus facilities and resources
- Leadership development opportunities
Three 50-minute Orientation sessions are scheduled at the end of September. Attend the one that best fits your schedule. Members from the same club can attend different sessions, if necessary.
- Monday, September 22, 7:00 - 7:50 p.m., Faculty Lounge/Campus Center
- Tuesday, September 23, 7:00 - 7:50 p.m., Faculty Lounge/Campus Center
These sessions are part of our Global Understanding and Leadership Choices. Co-curricular credit will be offered. Register through the Co-Curricular Choices site in Vault.