Programs & Events
Magnificent Misfits (Tuesday Choices)
- For those of us who have trouble getting our dreams to fit in a box. What major should I choose? What direction should I take?
- Tuesday, 02/05/13, 11:30am @ Buller Hall, Room 149
Self-esteem, Body-image, and Eating Disorders (Tuesday Choices)
- Discover what informs the way you view your body and your relationship with food, identify the risks for disordered eating, and explore what you can do to create change
- Tuesday, 02/26/13. 11:30am @ Buller Hall, Room 149
National Eating Disorders Awareness Week Program: "Celebrating Every Body"
- Thursday, 02/28/13, 12pm-3pm @ Campus Center
Workshop: Healthy Relationships: How to Make Them Thrive
- Learn to identify characteristics of healthy and unhealthy relationships and discover how to improve the quality of the ones you have.
- Monday, 03/04/13, 6:30pm-7:30pm @ Leadership Lab, Campus Center
Workshop: Problem Solving Communication & Conflict Management
- Want to keep your relationships healthy? This workshop will teach you how to manage interpersonal conflicts effectively and help you discover how positive conflict resolution can lead to greater intimacy and respect. Facilitated by LaKeSha Morris and Luis G. C. Ortega, AU Counseling & Testing Center
- Monday, 03/11/13, 6:30pm-7:30pm @ Leadership Lab, Campus Center
Workshop: “Alcohol and College Life”
- How does alcohol and college life mix? Learn about the impact of drinking in college students and sharpen your awareness about how to keep your mind and body healthy. Facilitated by Dr. Harvey Burnett, Licensed Psychologist and Assistant Professor of Psychology at Andrews University
- Tuesday, March 12, 2013, 11:30am-12:30pm @ Buller Hall 149
Therapy Dogs at Play
- Come and meet a group of canine therapists from The Best Friends 4-H Club. As you play and relax, learn about the benefits of animal-assisted therapy and how you can get involved.
- Tuesday, 03/12/2013, 12:30pm-2:30pm @ Bell Hall, Room 149
- There are many resources in our community to help you keep a sense of balance and wellness. Get a chair massage. Meet therapy dogs, play, and learn about their training. Check your hearing. Find out how to keep your body in good condition. Take a mental health screening and find out how you are doing. Improve your diet. Sharpen your resume and interviewing skills. Earn co-curricular credits.
- Wednesday, 03/13/13, 11am-12pm @ Campus Center
Living Well @ AU
- Stop by and share what keeps you going, how you maintain your health, what keeps you grounded and balanced. Share your wisdom and pick up some goodies as you go on your way. It won’t take long. We’ll collect the responses we like and share them with our community at our website.
- Thursday, March 14, 2013, 11am-2pm @ Campus Center
1st Impressions: The Art of Resume Writing (Tuesday Choices)
- What’s in and what’s out in the World of Resumes and learn how to write a great resume.
- Tuesday, 04/02/13, 11:30am @ Buller Hall, Room 149
National Alcohol Screening Day
- Friday, 04/05/2013, 10:30am-12:30pm
Overcoming Social Anxiety (Tuesday Choices)
- Tuesday, 04/09/13, 11:30am @ Buller Hall, Room 149
Relieve the Stress of Final Exams with Therapy Dogs! (The Best Friends 4-H Club, Berrien County)
- Tuesday, 04/30/13, 11:30am-1:30pm @ Bell Hall, Room 161