Application for Significant External Funding
The Office of Research and Creative Scholarship actively supports faculty in identifying funding sources and preparing effective proposals for external support.
Assistance with the Development of Proposals to External Foundations
The Scholarly Research team will facilitate the development of competitive grant proposals to external foundations and agencies. Depending upon the source of funding being considered, this assistance may include one or more of the following:
- Staff assistance in finding appropriate foundations or grant funding agencies for your specific area of research.
- Staff assistance in compiling institutional materials required for the grant application.
- Staff assistance in reviewing and proofing the grant application prior to submission.
- Sponsoring your attendance at a regional grant writing workshop specifically featuring the agency from which you are applying for funding, such as the National Science Foundation (NSF), or National Institutes of Health (NIH).
- Sponsoring your travel to the national office, or a regional location, to meet with the program director of the agency for your field.