About the Office of Campus Safety
The mission of Campus Safety is to help maintain a safe and secure environment for the entire campus population. We strive to accomplish this by providing a well trained and professional work force who strive to maintain a safe environment that is conducive to learning and is consistent with the educational goals of this diverse institution.
- To maintain the highest standards of training for our staff to ensure we can achieve the highest standards of services to our community.
- To effectively deploy personnel and resources in a way that maximizes visibility and minimizes response time to calls for service.
- To promote a sustained crime prevention program in partnership with the university community.
- Professionalism – We will always hold ourselves to the highest standards of professionalism. We will use our skills, training, and knowledge to serve our community.
- Integrity – We will hold ourselves to the highest standard of truth. Our word is our honor and our behavior is above reproach.
- Communication – We will always listen to the needs and the concerns of our community and follow through to make sure those needs and concerns are addressed.
- Service – We will respond immediately to all calls for service.
- Respect – We will treat everyone we encounter with respect and dignity.
- Loyalty – We will always remain loyal to those we serve.
- Duty – We will do our duty to the best of our ability. The welfare and safety of our students and community members is our top priority.