Why Study at Andrews?
For starters, consider Andrews University's reputation for solid academics, favorable student-to-teacher ratio, supportive academic atmosphere, and tradition for cultural diversity. And this is just the beginning! The department of Medical Laboratory Sciences also offers:
- A curriculum that allows for maximum career branching. Our program allows you to prepare for work as a Medical Laboratory Scientist, and also provides excellent preparation for medical, dental or graduate school.
- A guaranteed clinical experience. An important part of your educational experience is a clinical practicum at one of the affiliate hospitals or clinical laboratories. At Andrews, your learning is hands-on!
- An excellent professional preparation. Our graduates continue to enjoy an outstanding hiring rate and consistently perform well on national certification examinations.
- A specialized, experienced faculty. Along with several MLS specialty certifications, our faculty represents over 75 years of clinical experience in combination with extensive teaching experience.
- An emphasis on Christian values. Because service to others is an integral part of our Christian philosophy, our goal is to help you acquire and develop the skills you need for excellence in health care along with a dedication to improving the human condition.
- A stimulating academic environment. Our students enjoy learning through case histories, computer assisted instruction, student laboratories, and classroom presentations with enthusiastic teachers sharing their expertise.