Is financial aid available to AU distance degree students?
Andrews University undergraduate degree students may be eligible for federal financial aid if the following conditions are met:
- registration is completed by the add/drop date for an Andrews University on-campus Fall or Spring semester
- a minimum of 6 credits are registered
- courses are completed within the semester to meet Satisfactory Academic Progress requirements
- the student is admitted to a program that leads to an associate’s, bachelor’s or graduate degree (certificate programs are not eligible for federal aid)
Further constraints to be considered by distance degree students:
- When a mix of course types are taken, financial aid is based on the number of on-campus or interactive online credits plus a match of self-paced credits. A minimum of 6 total credits, of which 3 must be on-campus or interactive online to qualify for aid.
- Federal regulations define self-paced study students as half-time only. For federal PELL grant, 6 credits is considered half-time, but any load of 6 or more self-paced courses will be considered half-time only and PELL will be pro-rated to half of a full award. PELL grants are not disbursed until 50% of self-paced coursework is completed.
- Federal regulations limit financial aid to tuition, textbooks, and fees only for self-paced courses.
For full details, please consult the following sources:
AU Bulletin - School of Distance Education Financial Information
(Scroll down to Financial Information)
- Consortium Catalog financial section
- AU Bulletin - Financial section
- Your Student Financial Services Advisor
I'm an AU distance degree student. How do I apply for financial aid?
Students admitted to Andrews University degree programs may apply for financial aid by filling out a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.ed.gov. The Andrews University school code is 002238.
Is financial aid available to AU guest & Consortium students?
Students who take online courses as Consortium or Andrewsguest students (not intending to complete a degree through Andrews) are not eligible for financial aid through Andrews University. Financial aid from sources other than Andrews University may be applied as long as the student is taking an equivalent number of credits on-campus.
Is financial aid available to Griggs University students?
Griggs University is a nonprofit institution sponsored the General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists and operated by Andrews University. As a church-related institution, Griggs supports its operations strictly through tuition income, contributions, and church subsidies. Griggs does not participate in any state or federal educational assistance programs. No financial aid is available. For advice on how to finance studies through an affiliate program, consult your campus financial services.
What steps do I follow to use my veteran benefits for AU studies?
Link to current information, forms and contacts on the AU Veteran Affairs page.