Andrews University undergraduate degree students may be eligible for federal financial aid if the following conditions are met:
- registration is completed by the add/drop date for an Andrews University on-campus Fall or Spring semester
- a minimum of 6 credits are registered
- courses are completed within the semester to meet Satisfactory Academic Progress requirements
- the student is admitted to a program that leads to an associates, bachelors or graduate degree (certificate programs are not eligible for federal aid)
Further constraints to be considered by distance degree students:
- When a mix of course types are taken, financial aid is based on the number of on-campus or interactive online credits plus a match of self-paced credits. A minimum of 6 total credits, of which 3 must be on-campus or interactive online to qualify for aid.
- Federal regulations define self-paced study students as half-time only. For federal PELL grant, 6 credits is considered half-time, but any load of 6 or more self-paced courses will be considered half-time only and PELL will be pro-rated to half of a full award. PELL grants are not disbursed until 50% of self-paced coursework is completed.
- Federal regulations limit financial aid to tuition, textbooks, and fees only for self-paced courses.
For full details, please consult the following sources:
AU Bulletin - School of Distance Education Financial Information
(Scroll down to Financial Information)
Students admitted to Andrews University degree programs may apply for financial aid by filling out a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.ed.gov. The Andrews University school code is 002238.
Worth watching: FAFSA FAQs answered in short video tutorials.
Students who take online courses as Consortium or Andrews University guest students (not intending to complete a degree through Andrews) are not eligible for financial aid through Andrews University. Financial aid from sources other than Andrews University may be applied as long as the student is taking an equivalent number of credits on-campus.
Link to current information, forms and contacts on the Veterans Services webpage.