Transferring your college credits to Andrews is simple! 

With nearly 100 undergraduate programs, we are sure to have the right program for you. Ready to learn more? Check out the site below or contact your Transfer Admissions Coordinator today.


  • Go here to create an account.
  • Complete the contact information section. 
  • Complete the address information section. 
  • Select "Undergraduate" as your level and "Transfer" as your student type.
  • Create a secure password following the instructions.
  • Click on “Create My Account.”
  • Once you log in, the system will show you the “My account” page. 
  • Click on “Apply Online,” located in the top menu.
  • Select the type of application you will be completing. 
  • Be sure to have the contact information for two non-family references (principal, guidance counselor, teacher, pastor, etc).
  • Complete and submit the application. 
  • Pay the nonrefundable $30 application fee. 

Please note: During the application process, you may pause and then resume your online application.


  • After an application is submitted, the “My account” page will show on your application history.
  • Select your application and then click on “Submit Supplemental Items & Documents".
  • Upload all admission documents listed such as test scores, transcripts, etc.

Please note: Complete your application by July 15 for the fall semester, November 15 for the spring semester.

  • Once your application is complete, our admissions team will review all your documents and make an admission decision. 
  • After the decision is made, we will send your admission decision letter.
  • Upon admission, we’ll share the continuing steps you’ll need to take before your registration process is complete. 

Please note: Admitted students are required to submit official transcripts in order to evaluate the number of credits transferable to Andrews University.


You must have a minimum 2.50 cumulative college GPA and submit college transcripts from all the institution(s) previously attended.*

*Students who have less than 25 cumulative college credits are evaluated on the basis of their high school GPA (2.5 or higher). Please visit the Freshman webpage to learn more. 

What credits will transfer to Andrews?

  • College-level courses in which the student has earned a grade of C- or higher.
  • All credits presented for transfer must be from accredited institutions.
  • Advanced high school classes may earn university credit.  Click here to learn about advanced placement and advanced standing options.

MiTransfer Agreements

If you're planning to transfer from another institution in Michigan then you'll want to check out the MiTransfer Pathways course equivalency database. Just select Andrews University as the Receiving Institution and your current Michigan college/university as the Sending Institution to see how your classes transfer into Andrews. See how your Michigan Transfer Agreement general education classes fulfill our Andrews Core Experience (ACE) requirements. 


What documentation must be provided?

  • Official transcripts from each institution where work was done. 
  • Official transcripts issued in languages other than English must be accompanied by an authorized English translation. 

*Andrews University reserves the right to request external credential evaluations for international transcripts. 


Will my credits transfer from an Unaccredited School?

Students who have attended an unaccredited post-secondary institution are admitted based on regular admission criteria for Freshman students. Transfer credits may be accepted as elective credits based on an evaluation of the institution issuing the credits. The credits may then be applied to a program of study when approved by the department chair/program director and/or ACE director as appropriate. On occasion, Andrews University may create an articulation agreement with an unaccredited institution based on prior history with the success of students from the institution.


How do my credits transfer?

We will start the articulation process after the reception of all your official transcripts. Classes listed on the transcript will be evaluated for potential credit toward your Andrews degree and will be reposted in your student account.

If your transfer credit does not have a direct equivalent listed you may petition after you've demonstrated satisfactory academic performance at Andrews through your department advisor or the director of Andrews Core Experience. 


Is there a limit of credits that will transfer?

  • Up to 70 semester hours can be transferred from community colleges (two-year) to any undergraduate degree. 
  • A maximum of 30 transfer credits maybe included in the last 60 credits of a bacherlors degree.
  • A maximum of 15 transfer credits maybe included in the last 30 credits of an associate degree. 

Importance Notice: Requests for transfer of credits may be made only at the time of admission to the University, at the time when a change of program is approved, or if a petition to accept the course is approved and on file before a course is taken. 

Use the guide below to see how credits have transferred to Andrews University in the past.


Prospective students can upload unofficial transcripts directly into the application system during the application process. You must submit transcripts from all  previously attended colleges and a proof of completion of high school (such as official high school transcript or a GED certificate).

For educational institutions outside the United States, prospective students must upload both original language and word-for-word English translation (unless transcripts are routinely issued in English by the institution).*

All unofficial transcripts must have the following to be acceptable for consideration:

  • Applicant's name
  • Institution's name
  • All courses taken with grades, scores, or marks earned
  • CGPA (if applicable)

*The Enrollment office reserves the right to request external credential evaluations for international transcripts.

Important notice: All admitted students are required to submit official final transcripts after admission decision.

An official transcript is an academic record that has been received from an issuing institution or a secure, authenticated designated party. It must bear an institutional validation (such as seal, logo, or watermark), date, and appropriate signature. Transcripts received that do not meet these requirements will not be considered official.

Official Transcript Accepted Practices:

  • Transcripts processed by the College(s) and High School attended and mailed directly to the Enrollment office in a sealed envelope.

Undergraduate Admissions
Andrews University
4150 Administration Dr.
Berrien Springs MI 49104-0740

Additional International Transcript Accepted Practices:

  • A certified (true) copy of the original transcript attested by an authorized person (i.e. Ministry of Education, authorized personnel at the embassy, department of interior affairs, Justice of the Peace, etc.)
  • Official transcripts hand-delivered to the Enrollment Office in an official institutional envelope, sealed by the issuing institution.
  • If an official transcript cannot be provided, an original transcript hand-delivered to the Enrollment Office may be accepted.  




All international students who want to transfer to  Andrews University need to:

  • Receive an academic acceptance into Andrews University.
  • Request a Transfer Form from our International Student Services Office. 
  • Request the current College/University to send their Student SEVIS Record to our International Student Services Office.
  • Demonstrate that they have adequate financial resources to cover at least one year of overall annual costs at Andrews University.

If you have additional questions, please email



Andrews is committed to fostering lasting relationships with institutions all over the world, our efforts will continue to play a leading role in creating a pathway for international students to continue their studies at Andrews.

Learn More


English is the language of instruction at Andrews University. International and domestic prospective students whose language of education is not English must submit English proficiency test scores. English Proficiency tests must be taken within two years prior to admission.

Minimum English Proficency tests scores:

English Proficiency Test Minimum Scores Required
Internet-based TOEFL (iBT)* 80
IELTS (Academic) 6.5
PTE (Academic) 54
Duolingo English test (Certified)** 110

* Paper-based TOEFL is only accepted when administered by our Center for Intensive English Programs.

** Duolingo is only valid when certified and received directly from Duolingo. 

Our campus also offers the services of ESL classes, however, please remember that an academic acceptance for our ESL program does not guarantee future admission into degree seeking programs. To learn more about the Center for Intensive English Programs please visit the CIEP webpage.


We want your final steps to be smooth and enjoyable! Follow the Steps to Start. 


Have questions? We have answers. Our staff members are dedicated to helping you find the answers you need.