The School of Distance Education provides information about a variety of online programs and courses offered by Andrews University, Griggs University and the Consortium of Adventist Colleges and Universities.
- Tuition for most undergraduate online courses is $385 per credit for registrations during the period August 2015 to July 2016.
- Tuition is discounted to $150 per credit for interactive online courses offered through the Seize the Summer initiative in June-July 2016.
- Tuition for online courses open to high school students is $100 per credit.
- A general fee is added per registration: $50 for guest students, $118 for Andrews distance degree students.
- Other fees apply as per campus, depending on courses – late registration, change of registration, withdrawal incomplete.
Full information about fees and graduate tuition by online program is available at AU Bulletin - Financial section
For more details, please consult the following sources:
AU Bulletin - School of Distance Education
(Scroll down until you see Financial Information)
- Consortium Catalog financial section
- Your affiliate campus academic bulletin or financial office
Textbook prices and full order information are available for most online courses through the AU Virtual Bookstore
Can I pay in installments?
- Andrews University degree students registering in January, May, and August can pay 40% of tuition and all fees at registration, with the balance due in three monthly payments. This option will be visible through Registration Central during the registration steps.
- Andrews University guest students must pay the total due at the time of registration.
- Students taking classes for Washington Adventist University or Oakwood University credit may fill out the Payment Plan Agreement on p.11 of the Consortium Registration Packet to pay 40% of tuition and fees at the time of registration and 60% of tuition in three installment payments.
Do you offer discounts?
We offer a 50% tuition discount to senior citizen who are 65 or older. To qualify, new students submit a copy of their driver’s license or birth certificate to firstname.lastname@example.org when registering for a class.
How can I make college more affordable?
You can look for the least expensive option for your classes, apply for grants, and minimize your loans. Learn more
How do I clear financially?
Degree students are advised to read all applicable information through the AU Financing Your Education webpages before contacting their financial advisor. (Find advisor contact information on your PreVue page.)
Steps to clearing financially:
1. Go to www.andrews.edu
2. Click on Vault/Account Access at the foot of the page.
3. Select Registration Central
4. Select Semester
5. Select Financial Plan
6. Follow steps and prompts to complete your financial plan.
Learn more by watching the video tutorial on financial aid
What do I do with finVue?
FinVue is your personal financial information page. Check monthly statements, make payments on account, see the status of clearance for the next semester, holds, and contact information for your financial advisor.
Learn more by watching the video tutorial
Is financial aid available for online courses?
Federal financial aid may be available to Andrews degree-seeking students if the following conditions are met:
- A student must be admitted to a program that leads to an associate’s, bachelor’s or graduate degree. If the program leads to a certificate or credits are taken for transfer to another university degree, the student is not eligible for aid for that course.
- The courses are registered by the drop/add date for the on-campus Fall or Spring semester.
- A minimum of 6 credits are registered.
- The courses are completed within the semester they are registered.
- When registering for self-paced courses as a degree-seeking student, it is important to speak to your Financial Aid Advisor regarding your plans. Your course load determines your Financial Aid eligibility.
Financial aid from sources other than Andrews University may be applied toward the costs of self-paced courses as long as the student is taking an equivalent number of credits on-campus. Federal financial aid is not available to guest students or non-degree students.