Frequently Used Links
For access to data
- iVue privileges are granted by role. Department chairs, deans and administrators have special privilege that is granted by their appointment as entered by the Provost. Instructors have privileges appropriate to their teaching role that is granted automatically when they are listed as the instructor for a course as entered by the registrar.
- An employee can be granted the above "roles" as a "proxy". The instructor or administrator must login to iVue and use the "Designate Proxies" button to grant the desired roles.
- For access to INB or redwood please use the Administrative Computing Request Form and obtain the appropriate signatures. You must contact a Banner support person (see below) or the Database Administrator at 6104, email@example.com for what to put on the form.
What We Do
We provide support for the Administrative computing functions on campus. This includes Advancement, all Financial areas, Student Records/Registrar, Human Resources, Campus Safety and academic departments as they relate to administration. Banner software provided by SunGard Higher Education resides on an Oracle database and is used for many functions. However, significant additional applications are locally developed and supported.
- For assistance with Student Academic and Accounts Receivable portions of Banner and reporting call 471-3129 for Carmen Pagan, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For assistance with Finance and Human Resources portions of Banner call Jennifer Janssen, 471-6132, email@example.com.
- For assistance with Advancement and Enrollment portions of Banner call Darrel Kotanko, 471-6718, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recently hacking exploits have been discovered in Java, which is required by Internet Native Banner. Non technical people can learn what they need to know about Java by reading the January 2013 edition of the Ouch newsletter here. We suggest enabling the Java plugin on one browser that you use for banner. Use another browser for normal website browsing with the Java plugin disabled as described in the link at the end of the Ouch newsletter.
Watch announcements from Human Resources for occasional Training sessions. The following Documents are handouts from previous sessions.