Note: This information will be helpful to students taking Andrews University courses, as well as courses registered through the Consortium of Adventist Colleges and Universities. Information and prompts on when to request exams are embedded in your course space.
The best preparation for any exam is completing all assignments well, then doing corrections based on grading and feedback. Follow any review guidelines closely. Prepare for the types of questions noted in your review - ask your instructor if this is not provided.
- The Distance Testing Center is located in Griggs Hall Rm 130. While this is an easy 5 minute walk from central campus, parking is also available at 8903 US HWY 31, Berrien Springs, MI 49104, USA.
- Office hours: 8:00-5:00pm Mon - Thu, or 8:00-11:45 am Fridays
- ALL students taking online courses request exams by completing the exam request form in their course space - even if living in Berrien Springs.
- Log in to your course at learninghub.andrews.edu
Find the exam request link, which should be in the module you have just completed, or the very next one. Click on the Exam Request link (see example below).
- Fill out the form. Make sure the Andrews ID number, proctor’s e-mail and name are correct before submitting.
- Request exams two weeks before the last date you can take an exam.
- For self-paced online courses, request the next exam as soon as you have submitted all assignments preceding the exam request link. Be prepared to take the exam within one week.
- For interactive online courses, the course lists a date by which you need to send in the request for each exam. Be prepared to take the exam by the deadline stated in the course.
Proctors must have academic or administrative responsibility in a university, college, school or workplace continuing education setting. They must be able to proctor at their place of work, and be prepared to observe the student throughout the exam session.
Acceptable proctors include:
- University, community, and technical college professors
- University and college deans or designees
- Student services workers, advisers, counselors, and related staff
- Public librarians in a supervisory position
- K-12 school registrars, counselors, or librarians in a supervisory position
- University, college, school, military or workplace testing centers
- Seventh-day Adventist Conference or Union Education or Ministry Departments
- If you live at or near the Berrien Springs, Michigan campus, exams must be taken in the School of Distance Education.
- If there is no educational testing facility within 50 miles from your location, contact the Testing Coordinator for assistance in proctoring arrangements.
- We reserve the right to make alternate proctoring arrangements even when a proposed proctor meets the acceptable proctor conditions. Arrangements will be made with students individually in such cases.
- No family members, fiance(e)s, or friends
- No tutors, teaching assistants, coaches, or fellow students
- No work colleagues who are not testing personnel
- No pastors or other church personnel
If you have not received an e-mail confirming your exam release within 2-3 business days, call (269) 471-6566 or email email@example.com to check if the request was received.
- It is your responsibility to arrange the time and place to take the exam in the presence of your proctor before the exam deadline.
- Present a photo ID if the proctor does not know you personally.
- Log in to learninghub.andrews.edu
- Select the course you are taking the exam in.
- Click on the exam link which is in the module directly below the exam request form you filled in (e.g. Midterm exam in Module 9)
- Click Attempt Quiz
- Click Start Quiz
- Your Proctor will now enter the password and click Start.
- Note how much time you have, and what materials are allowed, if any.
- Save often and pace yourself to finish within the allotted time.
- NOTE: Math and Greek online courses have paper exams, which will be supplied by the proctor. Bring items allowed, as noted in the exam review
- If the exam time has not expired you can go back into the exam and continue taking it. Your work will be saved up to the last item saved. If the time has expired, call (269) 471-6566, or email firstname.lastname@example.org to have the exam reset. An expired exam cannot be reopened to finish. It must be retaken.
- If you do not see the grade for an exam within a week, first contact the instructor listed in your course space. If no reply in two days, forward that email to email@example.com for help.
- Not necessarily. The final grade is weighted as explained in the syllabus. Grades are accessed through your University Academic Record, linked on your IVUE page.
- If you need to earn a higher grade, contact your instructor to discuss options first. You may also repeat the course to replace the low grade on your transcript.
Maybe. Online proctoring is available on a first-come-first-served bases during Testing Center hours: Monday to Thursday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm USA Eastern Time. Online exam proctoring must be arranged at least 48 hours prior to the time you wish to take an exam. When timely arrangements have not been made, a student may request after-hours service, Mondays through Thursdays, for a fee of $50 per exam, to be paid online prior to the start of the exam. After-hour service is subject to availability of staff. Call 269.471.6566 to arrange during office hours.