This checklist is designed to help students completing Andrews University degrees on campus or online successfully navigate graduation processes. Follow this path to celebrate your success!
1. Read all about graduation. Follow final clearance procedures.
2. Complete the graduation application form.
• Deadlines: Check the current academic calendar for specific dates. Online undergrad degree students must submit by the drop/add date of their last term.
• Use the right form:
Undergraduate, on campus: collect the form at Academic Records Office 202
Undergraduate, online: tinyurl.com/AUgradapp
Graduate, on campus or online: tinyurl.com/AUgradappGR
Affiliate or extension campus, all levels: ask your campus' registrar for your campus' form.
Note: if you do not complete all requirements by the date you applied to graduate, email ugrecords to request the Grad Application Revision form. Complete before the deadline for a future graduation date.
3. Complete all exit surveys.
• Links will be emailed to candidates, as applicable for their campus, program, and level.
Your feedback counts. Please take the time to do each survey honestly.
• Questions: contact firstname.lastname@example.org, including your name, AU ID and degree.
4. Clear outstanding grades or transcripts.
• Plan to complete 2 months ahead. Due at least 15 days prior to graduation/degree conferral.
• Questions: contact your academic advisor first, then Academic Records.
5. Clear financially.
• Login to FINVUE to clear account balance and complete exit counseling for any loans. Your tickets (if attending graduation), transcript and diploma are held until this is done.
• Questions: contact your financial advisor on your campus.
6. End well. Then celebrate!
• If living in campus residences, review check out procedures and plan ahead.
• Return library books. Notify employer 2 months before your last day. Follow exit procedures.
• Thank faculty, advisors, employers, parents, and friends.
• Reflect on God’s leading to this milestone.
7. Get your diploma.
• Recheck your name, the degree, and your current address in IVUE at least 4 weeks prior to graduation.
• If living near campus, visit Academic Records with an ID during week 2-4 after graduation to collect your diploma if you have cleared financially.
• Away from campus, diplomas are mailed starting one month after graduation to your home address (check it in Vault now!)
• If not cleared financially by the end of the mailing period, or if the diploma does not arrive or is later lost, complete the Diploma Request Form
• Read the details at andrews.edu/services/registrar/alumni_former_students/diplomas
Students completing degrees on any campus are welcome to participate or graduate in absentia. To graduate in absentia, check the NO box on your graduation application under Participation in Ceremony.
Students may participate in graduation ceremonies if they have less than 6 credits remaining. The degree will be conferred after these are completed.
1. Order regalia. Collect chords.
• Andrews University regalia is ordered through andrews.edu/bookstore. Undergrad or masters, click 'regular regalia' doctoral, click 'fine regalia'. (All College of Arts & Sciences BA hoods are white, tassels black.)
• Undergrads can get free high GPA and Honor Scholar chords at the Honors office. Online students request through academic advisor. (High GPA is 3.5+ for cumulative major and overall GPA.)
• Discipline-specific undergrad honor society chords can be purchased at the Honor office too.
2. Read details about rehearsals, marching without completion, tickets, change of plans, etc. at andrews.edu/services/registrar/students/graduation.
3. Attend rehearsal Thursday evening.
• If you cannot arrive in time, study the information at andrews.edu/graduation/seniors
• Note the specific details for candidates for degrees completed through specific schools or colleges.
5. Share information with family and friends.
• Visitor and graduate info, schedule of events, and live streaming at andrews.edu/graduation