This checklist is designed to help students completing Andrews University degrees on campus or online successfully navigate graduation processes. Follow this path to celebrate your success!
1. Read all about graduation: andrews.edu/services/registrar/students/graduation/index.html
(Note: online degree applicants use the form link below, and don't take the exit test.)
2. Complete the graduation application form.
• Deadlines: Check the current academic calendar for specific dates. Online undergrad degree students must submit by the drop/add date of their last term.
• Use the right form:
Undergraduate, on campus: collect the form at Academic Records Office 202
Undergraduate, online: tinyurl.com/AUgradapp
Graduate, on campus or online: tinyurl.com/AUgradappGR
Affiliate or extension campus, all levels: ask your campus' registrar for your campus' form.
Note: If unable to complete by the end of the anticipated graduation term, undergrad candidates must complete the Graduation Application Revision form and email it to their academic advisor to sign and send on to Academic Records. There is not charge for this.
3. Complete any required exit tests or surveys.
• Links will be emailed to candidates, as applicable for their campus, program, and level.
Exit tests are not required for online degrees. Please fill in the Andrews survey honestly.
• Questions: contact email@example.com, including your name, AU ID and degree.
4. Clear outstanding grades or incoming records/transcripts.
• Plan to complete before your last term, and no later than 15 days prior to degree conferral.
• Questions: work with your academic advisor and Academic Records.
5. Clear financially.
• Login to Financial Aid SSB to clear your account balance and complete exit counseling for any loans. Your tickets (if attending graduation), transcript and diploma are held until this is done.
• Questions: contact your financial advisor.
6. End well. Then celebrate!
• If living in campus residences, review check out procedures and plan ahead.
• Return library books. Notify employer 2 months before your last day. Follow exit procedures.
• Thank faculty, advisors, employers, parents, and friends.
• Reflect on God’s leading to this milestone.
7. Get your diploma.
• Recheck your name, the degree, and your current address in IVUE at least 4 weeks prior to graduation.
• If living near campus, visit Academic Records with an ID during week 2-4 after graduation to collect your diploma if you have cleared financially.
• Away from campus, diplomas are mailed starting one month after graduation to your home address (check it in Vault now!)
• If not cleared financially by the end of the mailing period, or if the diploma does not arrive or is later lost, complete the Diploma Request Form
• Read the details at andrews.edu/services/registrar/alumni_former_students/diplomas
• NOTE! Your major or minor is listed on your official transcript, not on the diploma. Your diploma will just state Bachelor of Arts or Associate of Science, etc.
Students completing degrees on any campus are welcome to participate or graduate in absentia. To graduate in absentia, check the NO box on your graduation application under Participation in Ceremony.
Students may participate in graduation ceremonies if they have less than 6 credits remaining. The degree will be conferred after these are completed.
1. Order regalia. Collect chords.
• Andrews University regalia is ordered through andrews.edu/bookstore. Undergrad or masters, click 'regular regalia' doctoral, click 'fine regalia'. (All College of Arts & Sciences BA hoods are white, tassels black.)
• Undergrads can get free high GPA and Honor Scholar chords at the Honors office. Online students request through academic advisor. (High GPA is 3.5+ for cumulative major and overall GPA.)
• Discipline-specific undergrad honor society chords can be purchased at the Honor office too.
2. Read details about rehearsals, marching without completion, tickets, change of plans, etc. at andrews.edu/services/registrar/students/graduation.
3. Attend rehearsal Thursday evening.
• If you cannot arrive in time, study the information at andrews.edu/graduation/seniors
• Note the specific details for candidates for degrees completed through specific schools or colleges.
5. Share information with family and friends.
• Visitor and graduate info, schedule of events, and live streaming at andrews.edu/graduation