This checklist is designed to help students completing Andrews University degrees on campus or online successfully navigate graduation processes. Follow this path to celebrate your success!
1. Read all about graduation: andrews.edu/services/registrar/students/graduation/
(Note: online degree applicants use the form link below, and don't take the exit test.)
2. Complete the graduation application form.
• Deadlines: Check the current academic calendar for specific dates. Online undergrad degree students must submit by the drop/add date of their last term.
• Use the right form:
Undergraduate, on campus: collect the form at Academic Records Office 202
Undergraduate, online: tinyurl.com/AUgradapp
Graduate, on campus or online: tinyurl.com/AUgradappGR
Affiliate or extension campus, all levels: ask your campus' registrar for your campus' form.
Note: If unable to complete in the graduation term as applied, complete the free Graduation Revision Application and email it to your academic advisor to sign and send to Academic Records.
3. Complete any required exit tests or surveys.
• Links will be emailed to candidates, as applicable for their campus, program, and level.
Exit tests are not required for online degrees. Honest and thoughtful feedback really helps us improve.
• Questions: contact email@example.com, including your name, AU ID and degree.
4. Clear academically.
• Get outstanding transcript in and articulated before your last term. If approved to take a last course elsewhere, the transcript must be in 15 days prior to the end of the graduating term.
• Schedule an appointment with your academic advisor at the start of your last semester to resolve any discrepancies between DegreeWorks and your degree plan.
• Questions: Follow up promptly on actions requested in emails and texts from Academic Records and advisors.
5. Clear financially.
• Login to Financial Aid SSB to clear your account balance and complete exit counseling for any loans. Your tickets (if attending graduation), transcript and diploma are held until this is done.
• Questions: contact your financial advisor.
6. Plan ahead: apply for graduate school, a new job or position, a move.
• Join the Andrews Network, LinkedIn, and local hiring networks, or research and apply for graduate school.
• Questions: connect with our Career Center for career coaching, job searches, resume review, mock interviews and more.
7. End well. Then celebrate!
• If living in campus residences, review check out procedures and plan ahead.
• Return library books. Notify employer 2 months before your last day. Follow exit procedures.
• Thank faculty, advisors, employers, parents, and friends.
• Reflect on God’s leading to this milestone.
8. Get your diploma.
• Recheck your name, the degree, and your current address in IVUE at least 4 weeks prior to graduation.
• If living near campus, visit Academic Records with an ID during week 2-4 after graduation to collect your diploma if you have cleared financially.
• Away from campus, diplomas are mailed starting one month after graduation or once financially cleared, to your home address (check it in Vault now!)
• If not cleared financially by the end of the mailing period, or if the diploma does not arrive or is later lost, complete the Diploma Request Form
• Read the details here.
• NOTE! Your major or minor is listed on your official transcript, not on the diploma. Your diploma will just state Bachelor of Arts or Associate of Science, etc.
Students completing degrees on any campus are welcome to participate or graduate in absentia. To graduate in absentia, check the NO box on your graduation application under Participation in Ceremony.
Students may participate in graduation ceremonies if they have less than 6 credits remaining. The degree will be conferred after these are completed.
1. Order regalia. Collect cords.
• Order Andrews University regalia for undergraduate and masters programs at this link. Print and complete this form for doctoral regalia orders. Check eligibility for cords, medallions and stoles, with information about how to pay (some cords are free), where and when to collect (online students, contact academic advisors if help needed in collecting).
• Discipline-specific undergrad honor society cords can be purchased at the Honor office too.
2. Read details about appointments, rehearsal times, marching without completion, tickets, change of plans and more here.
3. Attend rehearsal Thursday evening.
• If you cannot arrive in time, study the information at andrews.edu/graduation/seniors
• Note the specific details for candidates for degrees completed through specific schools or colleges.
5. Share information with family and friends.
• Visitor and graduate info, schedule of events, and live streaming here.