PT Research Session for Back Performance
Are you 65 to 90 with no current back or neck pain?
Q & A about this Research:
Q: What is this research study?
A: This study will show the reliability and validity of a new back movement test I have developed to use in the Physical Therapy clinic.
Q: Why should I participate?
A: Your participation will help objectively evaluate how well a person’s back is doing compared to other people in the same age group. This will lead to more effective Physical Therapy treatments in the future.
Q: What will I be doing?
A: You will perform 4 simple tasks (such as reaching to touch floor, reaching side to side) which are each timed for 30 to 60 seconds. You will perform these a total of 4 times with a short rest between each.
Q: How much TIME will it take for me to participate?
A: This is only a ONE-TIME session for about 20 to 30 minutes (only about 15 minutes of testing)
Q: How do I know if I qualify to participate?
A: You could qualify to participate if you:
- Do NOT currently have neck or back pain, and have not been diagnosed with neck or back problems in the last 1 month.
- Have NOT had back surgery
- Have NOT had a total joint replacement
- Have NOT had shoulder surgery in the last 6 months
- Do NOT have dizziness or active heart problems
- Do NOT use an assistive device for walking (such as a cane or walker)
Call, email or text: Michelle Allyn at: 423.421.0987 or email@example.com