COVID-19 UPDATE: Andreasen Center for Wellness
Dear campus community,
We have been monitoring the development of COVID-19 and the related serious health concerns that we are facing. It is our priority to keep our staff, members and guests safe and thus, should the issue escalate in our community, the Andreasen Center for Wellness will take necessary precautions.
Please be assured that our staff is taking extra steps to ensure our facilities are as clean and healthy as possible. This includes an even greater increase of frequency in disinfecting high-touch items such as fitness center equipment, handrails and doorknobs. Further, the Andreasen Center for Wellness staff is prioritizing routine processes to redirect time toward disinfecting and sanitizing high-traffic areas and surfaces throughout the day.
To assist us with these efforts, please remember to do the following when visiting the Andreasen Center for Wellness:
- Wipe down fitness equipment thoroughly before and after use.
- Shower before using the pool or Healing Oasis.
- Wash your hands often, and for 20 seconds or more, with soap and warm water.
- Avoid handshakes, hugging and other public displays of affection.
- Use hand sanitizer provided before entering through the glass doors into the fitness area/locker rooms.
- Cough/sneeze into your inner elbow and not into your hands.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Stay at home if you feel sick or “under the weather.”
- If you think you have been exposed to COVID-19 and develop a fever or symptoms of respiratory illness, such as cough or difficulty breathing, alert your physician or the Berrien County Health Department (269-926-7121).
To be able to address the guidelines and recommendations for cleanliness and safety during this heightened risk time, we will be modifying our hours of operation as follows between March 15–22, 2020:
Sunday, March 15, 2020: 10 a.m.–8 p.m.
Monday, March 16, 2020: 6–10 a.m. & 3–9 p.m.
Tuesday, March 17, 2020: 6–10 a.m. & 3–9 p.m.
Wednesday, March 18, 2020: 6–10 a.m. & 3–9 p.m.
Thursday, March 19, 2020: 6–10 a.m. & 3–9 p.m.
Friday, March 20, 2020: 6 a.m.–1 p.m.
Sunday, March 22, 2020: 10 a.m.–8 p.m.
We are following health department recommendations and will keep you updated if anything changes. We will evaluate the holding of gatherings and events on an individual basis.
To see the availability of our group fitness classes during the above time frame, please refer to the Wellness Club App and the group fitness schedule there.
If you have health-related concerns, please contact your healthcare provider. For developing information about COVID-19, please utilize resources from:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- Michigan Department of Health & Human Services (MDHHS)
- Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH)
Thank you in advance for helping us keep our community safe and healthy.
Director, University Wellness