PhD in Nursing, Texas Woman's University, 2009
MS in Nursing, Andrews University, 1992
BS in Nursing, Southwestern Adventist University, 1999
Dr. Grace Chi is a Professor of Nursing at Andrews University, Berrien Springs, Michigan. She serves the School of Nursing as Curriculum Committe Chair and is also the current President of the Eta Zeta Chapter of Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing.
Dr. Grace Chi received her PhD in Nursing Science from Texas Woman’s University. Her research dissertation evaluated the effects of music relaxation video on pain and anxiety in patients who received intracavitary brachytherapy for gynecological cancer, which was conducted at MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, Texas. She has worked in clinical areas of medical-surgical, gynecologic oncology, and radiation oncology for almost 10 years and has also participated in different academic and clinical researches, projects, and conferences. She has received the “Scientific Poster Award” for her research proposal from Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing Beta Beta Houston Chapter in 2007 as well as several scholarship awards and research grants. She is the 2011 recipient of the International Research Dissertation Award from Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing.
Dr. Chi teaches “Pathophysiology", "Pharmacology I", “Pharmacology II”, "Health Assessment- Clinical Lab", “Nursing Research”, and "Complementary Wellness II". She has multiple publications, oral presentations and poster presentations. The following information is her selected publications.
• Chi, G., Young, A., McFarlane, J., Watson, M., Coleman, R., Eifel, P., Wood, G., Bodurka, D., & Richardson, M. (2015). Effects of Music Relaxation Video on Pain and Anxiety for Women with Gynecological Cancer: A Randomized Controlled Trial. Journal of Research in Nursing, 20(2), 129-144.
• Chi, J. & Chi, G. (2014). Perceived executive leader’s integrity in terms of servant and ethical leadership on job burnout among Christian healthcare service providers – test of a structural equation model, Journal of Management Research, 14(4), 203-226.
• Chi, J. & Chi, G. (2013) The Impact of Servant Leadership on Job burnout among Employees of A Christian Hospital: Structural Equation Model”. International Journal of Management and Human Resources, Fall 2013, 1(1), 86-109.
• Chi, G., & Young, A. (2011). Selection of music for inducing relaxation and alleviating pain: Literature review. Holistic Nursing Practice, 25(3), 127-135. doi: 10.1097/HNP.0b013e3182157c64
• Chi, G. (2007). The role of hope in patients with cancer. Oncology Nursing Forum, 34(2), 415-424.