CHMN 539 Church Growth and the Equipping Pastor (CRN 391)
Professor: Joseph Kidder
Date: July 23-27, 2017
Location: Andrews University, Berrien Springs, MI 49103, Chan Shun Building - Garber Auditorium
This class is an examination of church growth principles with a special emphasis on the role of the pastor as an equipper. The student will be exposed to the harvest potential of unchurched people, as well as receiving exposes to a biblical theology of reaching the lost. The course will further expose the student to friendship evangelism, helping plateaued and declining churches become revitalized, church planting, the role of the laity and the usage of spiritual gifts.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
1. Develop greater personal biblical and spiritual growth.
2. Practice the characteristics of basic Church Growth.
3. Create a Biblical narrative that reflects the character of Christ and exemplifies personal integrity and professional ethics.
4. Define the theological, psychological, and sociological foundations for growth in the Christian life and how that relate to church growth and evangelism.
5. Identifies the evangelistic factors that lead to the effective evangelizing of the young and the youth.
6. Identify the factors that lead to church renewal and revival.
7. Owning and Modeling a balanced committed Christian life that is committed to the great commission and its application in public, group and personal witnessing.