Conference Auditor for Lake Region
Position Summary: Responsible for conducting regular church and school audits for effective monitoring of fiduciary responsibilities. Must be a member of the Seventh-day Adventist Church in regular standing. Requires travel throughout the conference territory, initiative, sound judgment, and a high level of communication, organizational and technical skills. Must be a member of the Seventh-day Adventist Church in regular standing.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist with monthly processing of church remittances
- Regularly reviews and evaluates administrative and accounting controls of churches and schools for compliance with NADWP SA 05 27
- Prepares reports on compliance with established internal control procedures and standards and on problems that require strengthening of internal controls; discusses findings with auditees
- Determines if the system of authorization and recording procedures are adequate to provide reasonable accounting control over assets, liabilities, income and expenses.
- Reviews cash control procedures and monitors safeguarding of assets.
- Determines if there is segregation of duties and dual control, as necessary
- Recommends new policies and procedures
- Reviews pertinent documents necessary to determine if an audit trail exists for all records and systems
- Reviews accounts for unauthorized activity
- Monitors activity and file maintenance in accounting records and data processing systems
- Provide support to local church and school treasurers
- Knowledge of fund accounting and church structure and policies
- Answer all emails and phone calls in a timely professional manner
- Travel required to conduct audits
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Management, Finance or other relevant field which included coursework in auditing and accounting.
- One to three years relevant successful work experience required
Required Knowledge and Skill:
- Must exhibit extensive initiative; often working with minimal supervision. Ability to perform duties with speed and accuracy without constant supervision and meet required deadlines.
- Strict adherence to professional ethics
- Adaptable and able to evaluate priorities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and research skills.
- Solid organizational skills, especially ability to meet project deadlines with a focus on details.
- Ability to multi-task while working independently or within a group environment.
- Proven ability to work in a deadline-driven environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge of internal controls and how they are used to manage risk.
- A basic knowledge and understanding of internal auditing standards and techniques as well as general accounting methods, principles and practices.
- Advanced computer skills, including MS Office, accounting software and databases
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
Email cover letter and resume to Teresa Best at email@example.com.