Travel Guidelines Reminder
Good afternoon, colleagues,
As we near the year-end holiday season, I would like to remind you about the University’s COVID-19 response plan policy and guidelines on travel, which you can find here.
As a general rule of thumb, please note that if you are traveling outside of Michiana and need to use public transportation to travel, or are attending an event in an environment that does not allow you to physically distance, you will need to be tested for COVID-19 no sooner than four days after your return.
Also, please note the following important details.
If you are unable to physically distance (less than six feet, for 15 minutes or more) during your essential travel, either due to your transportation method (in particular, by plane or other public transportation) or attendance at an event, the University will expect you to take the following steps:
- Notify your University supervisor of your travel plans (applies to all on-campus employees, including student workers).
- Make arrangements to be tested for COVID-19 no sooner than four days (the minimum period for COVID-19 incubation before a test is considered valid) after your return to campus at your own expense, or at the first sign of COVID-19 symptoms.
- Submit your test results to email@example.com
Take additional precautions as you navigate campus on your return until you receive official negative COVID-19 test results. These precautions include:
- Not attending any campus-wide events
- Only accessing Dining Services for take-out (no dine-in eating)
- Coordinating and confirming potential options for remote work or classroom with a supervisor and/or faculty member/s
- Continue to practice normal mitigation procedures for physical distancing (six feet or more), face coverings, and hygiene both on- and off-campus.
When supervisors are notified of travel plans, they should request the employee take any necessary additional precautions once the employee has returned to the Berrien Springs campus to help limit the risk of transmission to others until their COVID-19 test results are provided.
Darcy de Leon
Director, Human Resources