The Theological Field Education (TFE) Committee seeks the best-qualified Ministry Context Mentors for partnership in the TFE Program.
Qualifications for Ministry Context Mentor (MCM):
• Possesses a master’s degree in a ministry related field or has 10 years of competent ministry experience in lieu of a Master’s degree.*
• Has served in a full-time ministry position for at least three years.*
• Has served in their current position for at least one year.*
• Will commit to participate in required MCM Orientation and Training Sessions.
• Commits to being a supportive and confidential person with whom the student can share openly and honestly.
• Adheres to Andrews University standards regarding sexual harassment and misconduct and exhibits ethical behavior and respect for boundaries at all times.
• Has a deep interest in being a mentor and time to devote to mentoring responsibilities.
• Commits to the seminarian’s spiritual, professional, and personal growth.
• Commits to completing required reports in a timely manner.
• May not be a relative of the student
*Requests for exceptions to the TFE Mentor Qualifications should be brought to the Theological Field Education Committee for consideration.
If you want to become a mentor, complete the application below.