Frequently Used Links
For access to data
- iVue privileges are granted by role. Department chairs, deans and administrators have special privilege that is granted by their appointment as entered by the Provost. Instructors have privileges appropriate to their teaching role that is granted automatically when they are listed as the instructor for a course as entered by the registrar.
- An employee can be granted the above "roles" as a "proxy". The instructor or administrator must login to iVue and use the "Designate Proxies" button to grant the desired roles.
- For access to INB or redwood please use the Administrative Computing Request Form and obtain the appropriate signatures. You must contact a Banner support person (see below) or the Database Administrator at 6104, email@example.com for what to put on the form.
- Access to shared drive resource requests should be directed to Client Services - see link at left.
- Email listserve requests should be directed here.
What We Do
We provide support for the Administrative computing functions on campus. This includes Advancement, all Financial areas, Student Records/Registrar, Human Resources, Campus Safety and academic departments as they relate to administration. Banner software provided by Ellucian resides on an Oracle database and is used for many functions. However, significant additional applications are locally developed and supported.
- For assistance with Student Academic and Accounts Receivable portions of Banner and reporting call 471-3129 for Carmen Pagan, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For assistance with Finance and Human Resources portions of Banner call Jennifer Janssen, 471-6132, email@example.com.
- For assistance with Advancement and Enrollment portions of Banner call Darryl Kotanko, 471-6718, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recently hacking exploits have been discovered in Java, which is required by Internet Native Banner. Non technical people can learn what they need to know about Java by reading the January 2013 edition of the Ouch newsletter here. We suggest enabling the Java plugin on one browser that you use for banner. Use another browser for normal website browsing with the Java plugin disabled as described in the link at the end of the Ouch newsletter.
Watch announcements from Human Resources for occasional Training sessions. The following Documents are handouts from previous sessions.
- Banner 7.x Key Chart
- How to run SWRXxxx Reports
- Data Access Policy
- Banner Data Entry Standards
- Banner FAQ: Information, access and usage questions relating to Internet Native Banner, Self-Service Banner, Vault and Redwood.
- Employee Address Lists
User Group Interaction
If you are interested in further interaction with the Ellucian community please view these options:
- Ellucian Commons is a cooperative web sharing community. You can select the subject area(s) corresponding with your interests and set your email notifications.
- Ellucian Live is the official yearly user meeting.
- BUGMI is the Michigan Banner User Group and they usually have yearly meetings.
- coHesion is a venue for open-source sharing of solutions and also has yearly regional meetings.