The following information is also contained in our printable Grade Quicksheet PDF.
Online Grade Submission
The online grade submission website is open at the end of the semester for grade submissions. You will receive an e-mail notification which will include the dates and steps for submission.
Deadline for Grades: Wednesday after the last day of classes.
Once you submit the grades you can no longer make any changes to them online. Use “Store Working Copy” until you are certain that you want to submit them.
- Go to http://vault.andrews.edu
- Click Registrar
- Click Grade Submission. If prompted, login using your Andrews username and password
- Click on Submit Grades
- From the drop-down menu, select a class you wish to submit grades for
- Select grade for each student (*Incompletes - see below)
- Click Store Working Copy of Grades or Submit Final Copy of Grades**
- Click View Submitted Grades if you wish to view the grades you have submitted. All courses appearing on your list have students enrolled and require a grade. Once you have submitted final grades for a given class, the class will disappear from the list.
- “An Incomplete (I) indicates that the student's work is incomplete because of illness or unavoidable circumstances and not because of negligence or inferior performance. Students will be charged an incomplete fee for each incomplete grade issued.” Fee amount can be found in the current bulletin.
- If you enter an incomplete for a student and attempt to submit final grades, the website will prompt you to complete an online incomplete contract if you have not already done so. After entering the information for the incomplete contract, you MUST click on "Submit Final Grades" again.
**Click "Store Working Copy" or "Submit Final Grades"
- Remember that once you submit the grades you can no longer make any changes to them. We suggest that you use "Store Working Copy" until you are certain that you want to submit them.
Incomplete Grades to Deferred Grades
DG (Deferred Grade)
Used for selected courses whose requirements are not likely to be completed within one term. Only certain courses have been approved by committees to
allow for DGs. If a course is not coded for this type of grade, the system will not take it.
Used for illness or unavoidable circumstances, not because of negligence or poor performance. These are given only when the major portion of class requirements
have been completed. The Online Incomplete Contract Form specifies the details that must be included. When an Incomplete grade is issued, a fee is charged to the student.
Revision of Grades
Change an Incomplete or a Deferred Grade from a Previous Semester
- Changes to replace an I or a DG are to be done on the online grade submission site for classes taught witin the last two years.
- For classes taught over two years or more, the instructor must come to the Office of Academic Records to make the change in the grade book.
- Changes must be initialed and dated by the instructor in the book.
- Please come prepared with student and course info (name, semester, term of class)
Correction of a Grade Due to Instructor Error
- Alterations to the official grade records are allowed only for instructor error, and not because additional work was completed since the grade was assigned.
- These errors are reported on the Official Grade Change Form and must be signed by the instructor and the dean. A written statement must be included on this form.
- The Official Grade Change Form is available at the Office of Academic Records or through your dean’s office.
Time Frame for Letter Grade Changes
- Grade changes may be made only in the semester following.
- In extenuating circumstances, a change may be made up to two semesters following the course, but require the dean’s signature.
- For a course at an off-campus location, the grade change must occur within three terms following.
- Only when authorized by the faculty member of record, may the grade change be completed by another faculty. (example: email permission)