New students receive e-mail notice at the time they are assigned an
A. For new students- check your advisor assignment on-line:
1. From the main Andrews University web page, log in to Vault
https://vault.andrews.edu/vault/goto/home Activate your username if you
have not already done so. Log on using your Andrews username and password.
2. Click on the preVue link. Follow instructions to get to your profile page.
3. Verify that the appropriate semester shows at the top right side of the page
your academic advisor and contact information appear lower on the right
side of the page, just below your application information
4. If an advisor’s name does not show, is incorrect, or if you have questions,
click on the Corrections Box link to send an e-mail to Student Success.
B. For returning students:
1. Your academic advisor will remain the same unless you have made a change
to your major
2. If you have made a change and want to verify that the change is has been
finalized, check your academic record on your iVue profile:
a. From the main Andrews University web page, log in to Vault
b. Log on using your Andrews username and password and go to the
iVue link. Follow instructions to get to your profile page.
3. Contact your academic advisor to register for classes for up-coming
4. Prepare a list of questions and topics you need to discuss with your advisor
5. Read advising e-mails you receive from your advisor, your major
department, the Registrar’s Office, and Student Success.
6. Be familiar with the Andrews University academic calendar and the
7. Learn how to read your on-line Degree Progress (CAPP) report (link from
your iVue profile page) and be able to use the "What If" option.
8. Become familiar with your learning style, study skills, and campus resources
available to you.
9. Become well acquainted with at least one faculty member. This person may
serve as a mentor to you and, in time, as a reference when you are applying
for internships, research, jobs, or graduate school.
How do I...
Where do I...