Why Study At Andrews?
Here are a few of the things you can look forward to as a member of the Andrews Biology Department:
- With a clear vision of Christian education we seek to advance the rigorous study of biology in relationship to our Creator as set forth in our departmental mission and the mission of Andrews University.
- A tradition of excellence: Andrews University Biology graduates, as a group, score at the 90th percentile of the nationally normed major field exam and are much more likely than average to get into graduate or medical schools.
- A reputable, nationally recognized program: Peterson's Top Colleges for Science lists Andrews University among the top 190 schools in the nation.
- A great environment for learning with small upper-division classes, one-on-one interaction with faculty, and excellent departmental camaraderie.
- An expert, award-winning faculty sharing a common vision of excellence in teaching and scholarship.
- A broad variety of coursework in organismal, cellular, and molecular biology that supports strong academic curricula in biology, biomedical science, behavioral neuroscience, botany, zoology.
- Excellent laboratory facilities and state-of-the-art equipment (including both transmission and scanning electron microscopes) used regularly by students in coursework and research.
- Active student research programs with competitive funding.
- Outstanding academic advising from knowledgeable, approachable, and user-friendly faculty members. Their job is to help you get where you are going as quickly and easily as possible.
- Annual utilization of the Marine Field Station at Rosario Beach, which gives both faculty and students opportunities for marine coursework and research.