The counseling & Testing center is now an authorized Pearson Vue test center (effective September, 2014). All incomplete paper based GED tests became invalid as at December 31, 2013. That date marked the end of the 2002 GED series. The new 2014 GED series is a computer based test that is offered through Pearson Vue Authorized Test Centers.
About the 2014 GED Series
About the subjects that comprise the 2014 series:
Since we do not handle any aspect of the registration process, please follow the steps below to register:
- Go to: https://ged.com to create an account and register for your test.
- GED Testing Services will review your registration and notify you within 24 to 48 hours.
- Next, conact Pearson Vue at: 1-877-392-6433; option 1 then option1.
Eligibility of Candidates to Take the GED Test
The GED test is offered to adults in the community who do not hold a traditional high school diploma. The following requirements need to be met before the GED test can be administered.
- Are not currently enrolled in, or have not graduated from an accredited high school.
- Must be 17 years of age and out of high school for one year.
- Each GED candidate who falls within the 16 to 19 age range must have documentation that proves that he or she has officially withdrawn from school and must provide some document proving that he or she is elligible to take the GED tests.
- The GED test shall not be administered to persons under 16 years of age, unless special accomodations are made by attending school principal/school counselor/probation officer or area judicial judge.
- Verification of each candidate's identity and eligibility for testing is critical to maintaining the security of the GED Testing Program. GED examiners are responsible for verifying that each GED candidate tested is eligible to take the GED test. Identity and age must be verified using acceptable photograph-bearing identification such as a driver's license, valid passport, military ID, or other form of government-issued (national or foreign) identification that shows name, address, date of birth, and signature; these are all acceptable forms of identification, unless there is any reason to question their authenticity. Outdated identification or identification suspected of being forged will not be accepted.
- The GED Testing Service permits GED candidates to test up to three (3) times during the contract year (January 1 to December 31). A candidate who tests more than three (3) times in any contract year may have his/her scores invalidated, and may be subject to additonal waiting periods before re-testing.
Testing of Non-citizens
Non-citizens, including refugees, legal and illegal immigrants, residents and non-resident aliens, and other foreign nationals, are eligible to take the GED Test if they meet all of the requirements for identification and eligibility established by the GED Testing Service and the jurisdiction, including age requirements and length of time since withdrawal from school.
GED Transcript Request (for 2002 and previous series)
Click here for GED transcript request application.
To Register: https://ged.com (copy and paste link in your browser)
Official GED site: www.gedtest.org
Test preparation materials: www.steck-vaughn.com.