At Andrews University, program review and approval of new programs are under the purview of the Program Development and Review Committee, a sub-committee of the Graduate and Undergraduate Councils.
Program review has several purposes:
• To ensure academic quality and innovation.
• To document the processes by which the program establishes, implements, and measures its objectives, focusing on student learning outcomes.
• To review the market and mission relevance of programs and review their contribution to the portfolio of programs offered.
• To review the relevant departmental/program strategic goals, progress in meeting these goals, and the ways in which the unmet goals can be reached.
• To educate the rest of the Andrews University community about the contributions of the programs to the university and the Seventh-day Adventist church.
All programs will follow the process outlined in the Program Review Process and Instructions and a video to help you with the program review process. Externally accredited programs will not need to complete Criterion 2 Program Quality, but will complete Criteria 1 Mission, History, Impact and Demand; 3 Financial Analysis; and 4 Strategic Analysis after their accrediation visit. Programs should use the Library Support guide to complete the section on Library Resources. The library will prepare the first section of the document for you (see example).
Program review schedule by college
For further information, please contact the Office of Institutional Effectiveness.