HELPING SEMINARY FAMILIES DISCIPLE THEIR CHILDREN
First the Blade ministry exists to support the discipleship of Seminary families with children through:
Experiences for Seminary student families including but not limited to:
- Meet and Greets for new and returning Seminary families.
- Family nights for Seminary families that might include activities like bowling and other activities for children.
- Parent's Night Out events which are designed to give parents an evening away from their children while their children are cared for and involved in spiritual and exercise activities.
- Planned visits with Seminary families in order to identify areas of need and provide support.
- Biblical education may be provided at the Ruth Murdoch Elementary School, Andrews Academy or Village SDA Church School. Often this involves teaching upper class students how to teach the lower grade students.
- Scholarship funds are collected for Christian education and disbursements made to schools for tuition for the children of Seminary students.
Our vision is "Every child a growing disciple."
Our mission is to make it possible for all children of Seminary students to have religious education while their parents are studying, and for them to leave even more dedicated, Seventh-day Adventist, Christian disciples of Jesus Christ than they were when they arrived.
Regular meetings are held with the First the Blade director, Dr. David Sedlacek, for the purpose of visioning and planning. Creative ideas are welcome and will be heard and processed by the entire First the Blade team.
For more information contact: email@example.com
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
If you feel impressed to help, we would welcome:
(1) Your prayers for seminary families,
(2) Financial donations for the school fund (see below),
(3) Donations of books, games or other resources for enriching Adventist discipleship.
Please consider donating online to help further our mission.