Engaging in out-of-class learning is part of earning an Andrews degree and should receive the same weight as classes when planning work schedules and overall academic load.
1. Traditional Undergraduates. All traditional undergraduates are required to attend 30 co-curricular programs a semester, meeting one or two minimums (below) as part of the total requirement.
- Tuesday/Thursday Minimum. Students must attend a minimum of 15 Choices offered on Tuesdays and Thursdays during the 11:30 a.m. to 12:20 p.m. period.
- Residence Hall Minimum. Students residing in a campus residence hall are required to attend a minimum of 8 Choices offered in their residence hall each semester.
- The remaining credits can be invested in ways that best support your life and career goals. A maximum of 7–10 credits may be earned through experiential learning in the Changes program.
2. Non-Traditional Undergraduates. Students 25 years and older or who are parents with a child in their care are identified as non-traditional. Non-traditional undergraduates are required to accrue only 10 credits a semester, drawn from any of the available programs. They also have the option of viewing programs online and submitting a report in lieu of physical attendance. Parents under the age of 25 must present a copy of their child’s birth certificate to the Student Life office in order to receive non-traditional status.
3. Exempted Undergraduates. Marital status or work conflicts do not exempt students from attendance. However, if an undergraduate student is registered for 7 or fewer credits, pursuing a second bachelor’s degree or has earned 120 credit hours or more by the beginning of the semester, the student is welcome but not required to attend programs. Earned credit hours can be viewed using the University Academic Record link on the iVue page. Do not use the CAPP program to figure earned credit hours.
* Students in clinicals that conflict with the Tuesday/Thursday co-curricular period may be granted temporary non-traditional student status for the appropriate semester only. This reduced status is in effect only after a student has sought and received approval from the Student Life Office.
* Students engaged in full-time academic activities such as all-day student teaching five days per week will be excused. This excuse is in effect only after a student has sought and received approval from the Student Life Office.
How It All Adds Up
|Student Status||Traditional Residential||Traditional Community||Non-Traditional|
|Tuesday/Thursday Minimum||15 minimum||15 minimum||No minimum|
|Residence Hall Minimum||8 minimum||No Minimum||No minimum|
|Changes Maximum||7 maximum||10 maximum||No maximum|
|TOTAL REQUIRED||30 credits||30 credits||10 credits|