The College of Education & International Services (CEIS) at Andrews University (AU) Teacher Education Preparation and Advanced Level programs were reviewed by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) in the Fall of 2019. CAEP Accreditation was granted in the Spring of 2020 through Fall of 2026. The programs are also accredited by the Michigan Department of Education (MDE).
CEIS offers accredited programs for Initial Levels and licensure in the following degrees:
CEIS offers accredited programs for Advanced Levels and licensure in the following graduate degrees:
The CAEP accreditation process establishes rigorous standards for educator preparation programs and holds accredited institutions accountable for providing evidence of meeting these standards. CAEP promotes excellence in educator preparation through quality assurance and continuous improvement.
CAEP expects nationally accredited educational preparation programs to annually provide accountability measures to the public regarding the four categories below:
1. Completer effectiveness
2. Completer, Employee, and Stakeholder satisfaction and involvement
3. Candidate competency at the completion of their programs
4. Ability of completers to be hired in the positions they prepared for
The 2020-2021 CAEP Accountability Measures for Initial and Advanced programs in the CEIS at AU are:
• Measure 1 (Initial Programs): Completer effectiveness. (R4.1) Please click the link to see how our TPP completers feel about the effectiveness of our initial programs.
• Measure 2 (Initial and Advanced Programs): Satisfaction of employers and stakeholder involvement. (R4.2|R5.3| RA4.1) Please click the link to see how satisfied Employers are and how involved our Stakeholders are with our Initial and Advanced programs.
• Measure 3 (Initial and Advanced Programs): Candidate competency at completion. (R3.3) Please click the link to see our Initial and Advanced programs Candidate competency at completion.
• Measure 4 (Initial and Advanced Programs): Ability of completers to be hired. Please click the link to see the ability of Initial and Advanced programs completers to be hired.
2021 CAEP Annual Reporting Measures (2019-2020 Cycle)