International students in a student visa status may be eligible to receive a Social Security Number (SSN) once an on-campus job is found.

As part of the hiring process for an on-campus job, you will be required to work with the Employment office, and as part of that process, you will receive a letter from the Employment office that you will need to take to the Office of International Student Services for a signature. Once signed, you can take letter, with your passport and I-20, to the Social Security office in Benton Harbor after making an appointment.

For instructions on how to make an appointment at the Social Security office, and for other details about this process, please see these directions.

Return to Homepage