Laughing all the Way! AU Wind Symphony Concert
Sat, December 2, 2017 @ 08:00 pm - 09:30 pm
Get in the Christmas spirit as the Andrews University Wind Symphony performs its annual holiday concert on Saturday, Dec. 2, at 8 p.m. in the Howard Performing Arts Center! Performing under the direction of new director Byron Graves, the Wind Symphony will present familiar favorites like Leroy Anderson’s "Sleigh Ride" and selections from Tchaikovsky’s "Nutcracker suite," as well as some lesser-known works such as Percy Grainger’s "Sussex Mummer’s Christmas Carol." Bring the whole family and enjoy the evening of festive music!
1. Festival Fanfare for Christmas (John Wasson)
2. And the Mountains Echoed: Gloria (Robert Longfield)
3. Rest (Samuel Hazo)
4. Christmas Variants (Elliot Del Borgo)
5. Sussex Mummers’ Christmas Carol (Grainer, arr. Douglas Stotter)
6. Christmas Recollections (arr. John Edmondson)
7. Suite from The Nutcracker (Tchaikovsky, arr. James Curnow)
8. Sleigh Ride (Leroy Anderson)
9. Laughing All the Way! (arr. Larry MacTaggart)
Director: Byron Graves
The Andrews University Wind Symphony maintains a significant travel schedule throughout the Great Lakes area and seeks to provide high quality music programs and concerts representative of Adventist education and Andrews University. The Wind Symphony has performed in England, France, Spain, Germany, Austria, Italy, Switzerland, Canada and throughout the United States.
Howard Performing Arts Center