COVID-19 Update: Faith Engagement Opportunities
Greetings, students, employees and families!
Earlier this year, we shared with you our whole-person wellness strategy titled Made to Thrive. That's true, possible and even more pertinent now that our campus community is physically distant. We are Made to Matter especially during times like these. Below are various opportunities that the Spirit of the Living God can use to draw us together as a University faith community.
First, we are inviting you into the story "In the Suffering: Finding Joy Amid Despair." We will journey through the book of James together. This will include a weekly guide, prayer opportunities, weekly panel discussion, and Facebook livestream vespers for all of the campus community on Friday nights at 8 p.m. We begin this Friday night, March 27, from the Andrews University Facebook page.
Secondly, we are providing the following connection opportunities to students and employees. All times listed are EST (Eastern Standard Time).
Zoom Hosting of Faith Engagements
- This is the virtual space that will host many of the experiences offered here.
- Connect on your computer via this link: https://andrews.zoom.us/j/7922985100
- Connect via telephone by dialing +13126266799 and then using this meeting ID: 7922985100# US
- “Zoom Mtgs” will be indicated.
First Tuesday Prayer and Fasting
- Wherever you are you can participate in praying and fasting.
- The next one is just around the corner on April 7. Look forward to a reminder email and prayer focus.
Chat with Chap Video Conference (Zoom)
- Tuesdays and Thursdays from 11:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m.
- Get to know each other and the Andrews University chaplains.
Chat on the Go—Prayer Walk
- Mondays at 5 p.m. and Wednesdays at 2 p.m.: meet at the Campus Center steps on the Lamson side.
- We will walk seven feet apart. Why seven? Because it's more than what is prescribed and the perfect number.
AU Pray Up (Zoom)
- Text auprayup to 31996 to receive prayer prompts right to your phone. Don't worry, we won't spam your phone.
- A 7-Minute Prayer Zoom Conference Call, Monday–Friday at 12:30 p.m.
- Virtual Morning Prayer Meeting, Monday–Friday at 7 a.m.
University Church and Campus Fellowship Resources
- Pioneer Memorial Church
- One Place Fellowship: Facebook, Instagram, YouTube
- New Life Fellowship: Facebook, Instagram, YouTube
- We are partnering with Pioneer Memorial Church to help with local needs. Visit the Pioneer Covid-19 Update page to volunteer or communicate needs.
- We are also working to support our community. Join our service page on Facebook.
- Each week we will share ideas of how you can, with your church or community, find ways to spread kindness. Check in on the upcoming Online Campus Community webpage for the updates.
Setup an Appointment with a Chaplain, Pastor or Dean
- Visit our Online Campus Experience website (launching soon) to book an appointment.
- Need to set up an appointment before then? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We are only doing phone or video conferences for appointments.
Can I leave you with a brief thought?
Have you ever wondered how the right melody for the moment just begins to move your heart and bend your thoughts toward the assurance that Someone IS taking care of you? Want to know what I believe? I believe YHWH takes time during a hectic day to be present in my life by singing over me. I feel that this loving God is making melodies in my heart.
The Lord your God in your midst,
The Mighty One, will save;
He will rejoice over you with gladness,
He will quiet you with His love,
He will rejoice over you with singing.
Zephaniah 3:17 NIV
As much as I like to think I'm extra special, I doubt I'm alone in this. What songs is YHWH singing to you? Would you send me a quick email to let me know? I can use your songs as encouragement as well. Two songs God is blessing me with: “Good Grace, Good God” and “Puedes Confiar en El Señor.”
Finally, let's show kindness to each other by engaging in the ways to be socially and spiritually close, even if we have to be physically apart. Even now we are Made to Thrive.
With a song in my heart,