Andrews University Wind Symphony Vespers
Fri, March 19, 2021 @ 07:00 pm - 09:00 pm
Livestream Link: www.facebook.com/AndrewsUniversityMusic
Limited FREE tickets available to Andrews University music majors and minors, the Enjoyment of Music class, current Andrews University students, faculty and staff, and those living in the same household as the AU student, faculty or staff. You can pick up your ticket at the Howard Center office.
Normally our annual Vespers Concert is part of the Andrews University Music Festival, but due to the pandemic we were unable to welcome our high school students to campus this year. But we will continue our vespers tradition with a variety of wonderful sacred music, including some lively early American hymn tunes (Rhapsody on American Shaped Note Melodies by James Curnow and A Sacred Suite by Brant Karrick), sturdy hymns of old (God of Our Fathers by Thomas Knox and Be Thou My Vision by Travis Cross), and newer songs of praise (Joy Revisited by Frank Ticheli and Prologue from Stephen Curtis Chapman’s album “The Great Adventure”).
- Prologue from “The Great Adventure” (J.A.C. Redford/arr. Paul Lavender
- If Thou Be Near (J.S. Bach/arr. Alfred Reed)
- Rhapsody on American Shaped Note Melodies (James Curnow)
- Be Thou My Vision (arr. Travis Cross)
- Joy Revisited (Frank Ticheli)
- God of Our Fathers (arr. Thomas Knox)
- They Led My Lord Away (arr. Fred Allen)
- A Sacred Suite (Brant Karrick)
- Rejouissance (James Curnow)
Conductor: Byron Graves
The Andrews University Wind Symphony maintains a significant travel schedule throughout the Great Lakes area and seeks to provide high quality music programs and concerts representative of Adventist education and Andrews University. The Wind Symphony has performed in England, France, Spain, Germany, Austria, Italy, Switzerland, Canada and throughout the United States.