Andrews Wind Symphony: Joy to the Season
Sat, December 4, 2021 @ 08:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Get in the Christmas spirit as the Andrews University Wind Symphony, under the direction of Byron Graves, performs its annual holiday concert on Saturday, Dec. 4, at 8 p.m. in the Howard Performing Arts Center!
Along with classics like "Joy to the World," "Ding Dong Merrily on High," and "Away in a Manger," we will present imaginative transformations of "Jingle Bells" and the "Nutcracker Suite" by Julie Giroux, music from Disney’s "Frozen," and a mambo version of "We Wish You a Merry Christmas." You won’t want to miss it!
- "Festive Fanfare for the Holidays" (James Curnow)
- "O Holy Night" (arr. Calvin Custer)
- "Away in a Manger" (arr. Tom Wallace)
- "Ding Dong! Merrily on High" (arr. Jay Dawson)
- "Lux Aurumque" (Eric Whitacre)
- "Joy to the Season" (Sean O’Loughlin)
- "Jingle Them Bells" (arr. Julie Giroux)
- "Symphonic Highlights from 'Frozen'" (arr. Stephen Bulla)
- "We Wish You a Mambo Christmas" (arr. Erik Morales)
- "Nutcracker Fantasia" (arr. Julie Giroux)
Andrews University Wind Symphony
Conductor: Byron Graves
The Andrews University Wind Symphony maintains a significant travel schedule throughout the Great Lakes area and seeks to provide high quality music programs and concerts representative of Adventist education and Andrews University. The Wind Symphony has performed in England, France, Spain, Germany, Austria, Italy, Switzerland, Canada and throughout the United States.