Andrews University Wind Symphony Spring Concert
"Tempered Steel" (WAUS Thank-You Concert)
Sat, April 23, 2022 @ 08:30 pm - 10:30 pm
The final concert of the 2021–2022 Andrews University Wind Symphony season features a number of classic works and transcriptions for band, including selections from "Lincolnshire Posy" and "Pictures at an Exhibition." The title piece, "Tempered Steel," is a tribute to all who have endured the pandemic of the past two years. The program will feature student conducting appearances by Cyril Punay and Jason Marquez and a horn solo performed by our horn section leader, Erin Penrod. There will also be a musical tribute to the people of Ukraine. The program is free to the public as a thank-you to all the wonderful WAUS members.
- "March of the Belgian Paratroopers" (Pierre Leemans)
- "Andante" from "Horn Concerto" (Gliere, arr. Cheseaux)
- "Elsa’s Procession to the Cathedral" (Richard Wagner, trans. Calliet)
- Selections from "Lincolnshire Posy" (Percy Grainger)
- "Tempered Steel" (Charles Rochester)
- "Sunrise at Angel's Gate" (Philip Sparke)
- "Symphony No. 1: The Lord of the Rings" (Johann de Meij)
- "Prayer for Ukraine" (Mykola Lysenko, arr. Patrick Dunnigan)
- "Promenade & The Great Gate of Kiev" (Mussorgsky/trans. Leidzen)
Conductor: Byron Graves
The Andrews University Wind Symphony maintains a significant travel schedule throughout the Great Lakes area and seeks to provide high-quality music programs and concerts representative of Adventist education and Andrews University. The Wind Symphony has performed in England, France, Spain, Germany, Austria, Italy, Switzerland, Canada and throughout the United States.
Howard Performing Arts Center