Michiana VegFest 2022
Promoting plant-based eating, vegan lifestyles, compassion for animals and conservation of the environment, Michiana VegFest 2022 is fast approaching.
The annual festival will take place from 11 a.m.–5 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 23, at the Century Center, 120 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. Admission is free, offering a chance for anyone interested to explore health food choices and support regional vegan-friendly businesses and organizations.
Michiana VegFest includes speakers on healthy eating, animal protection and environmental sustainability; cooking demos with free samples; vendors of food, cosmetics, clothing and other goods that are produced without animal ingredients; and more.
“VegFest is a chance to spotlight the growing regional interest and actions taking place within the plant-based-eating community,” co-organizer Jeanne Blad said. “We want to share with attendees the numerous avenues for entering a vegan lifestyle, showcase its many forms and further interests of those who’ve already embraced it.”
For the veg-curious, multiple speakers will be in attendance, offering insight into topics such as building muscle with a plant diet, water-only fasting and the connection between food and climate, among others.
Featured speakers include:
- Dr. Alan Goldhamer, author of “The Health Promoting Cookbook” and co-author of “The Pleasure Trap: Mastering the Hidden Force That Undermines Health and Happiness”
- Glen Merzer, author of “Food Is Climate” and “Own Your Health”
- Robert Cheeke, author of “Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness,” “Shred It!” and “Plant-Based Muscle”
- Jasmine Bradley of Vegan Bites by Jas
- Chef AJ, cooking show host, author
- Laura Crotty, culinary author
- Crystal Hallwood, Vegan Michiana demo chef