Test Registration

Which test should I take?

If you are coming to study English at the Center for Intensive English (CIEP) at Andrews University, you need to take the English Placement Test (EPT). You will not be able to enroll in CIEP classes until you take the EPT. To register for the next available EPT, please click here.

If you are applying to study for a degree program at Andrews University and have to submit an official English language test score as evidence of English proficiency, you need to take the TOEFL ITP (paper-based) test at Andrews University or the TOEFL iBT* (internet-based) test at authorized test centers around the world.

*Due to the safety measures pertaining to the COVID-19 pandemic, TOEFL exams have been canceled around the globe. As a temporary solution and demonstration of our commitment to you, we are considering for provisional admissions new applicants with the Duolingo English Test for Fall 2020 and Spring 2021. 

For a complete list of the English language proficiency tests accepted by Andrews University and the minimum scores needed to study in a degree program, click Andrews Language Tests and Scores. To register for the next available TOEFL ITP test at Andrews University, please click here.

If you have already been accepted as a Pathway (former Bridge) student, you don't need to take any English language proficiency test.