Andrews University, a distinctive Seventh-day Adventist institution, transforms its students by educating them to seek knowledge and affirm faith in order to change the world.
Andrews University students will:
Seek Knowledge as they...
- Engage in intellectual discovery and inquiry
- Demonstrate the ability to think clearly and critically
- Communicate effectively
- Understand life, learning, and civic responsibility from a Christian point of view
- Demonstrate competence in their chosen disciplines and professions
Affirm Faith as they...
- Develop a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Deepen their faith commitment and practice
- Demonstrate personal and moral integrity
- Embrace a balanced lifestyle, including time for intellectual, social, spiritual, and physical development
- Apply understanding of cultural differences in diverse environments
Change the World as they go forth to...
- Engage in creative problem-solving and innovation
- Engage in generous service to meet human needs
- Apply collaborative leadership to foster growth and promote change
- Engage in activities consistent with the worldwide mission of the Seventh-day Adventist Church