TESOL Certificate Program
Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
Mon, July 8, 2013 @ 08:30 am - Fri, August 2 @ - 03:10 am
The TESOL Certificate Program is an intensive workshop covering the basic language concepts and methods in teaching English to speakers of other languages. It is designed both for individuals who have had some experience and/or training AND for those who have had no such training.
The Workshop is six hours a day, five days a week, for four weeks. Individuals who want to earn the certificate need to attend the entire session and fulfill the requirements for all classes which include:
- Concepts in Linguistics
- Grammar Review
- Methods in Teaching Grammar, Speaking and Listening, Reading and Writing
- Special lectures and presentations on related topics
- Non-credit option, $1,800
- Credit option, regular tuition ($945 per credit)
Participants must register for the following seven credits: ENGL 460-Linguistics (3 credits) and ENGL 435-Topics in Linguistics: TESOL Certificate (4 credits)
Those not seeking a certificate may register for any specific portion(s) of the program.
- Register online at www.andrews.edu/admissions
- For a non-credit application, please contact the Department of English: Phone: 269-471-3298 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Department of English