Five Key Updates: Winter Break
Nov. 19, 2020
As we made our unexpected return to remote learning and exams this week, I wanted to take a few extra minutes to express my profound thanks to the students, faculty and staff of Andrews University for supporting our Andrews University Community Covenant of Care this fall semester. Thank you for the ways each one of you has helped live out the principles of that Community Covenant as we have cared for each other, Andrews University and our world and responded to the threats and impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
I realize that many of our students have begun, or are soon to begin, their winter break travels.
Whatever your plans, I’d like to share five key updates with you for the weeks ahead:
- Please continue to use Campus Clear each day as long as you remain on or near our Berrien Springs campus.
- Once you’ve begun your travels out of the area, plan to resume your daily use of Campus Clear on Jan. 4 (for complete details on spring semester testing, move-in and other dates, see here).
- Students, once or if you have left campus and our area for winter break, please do not plan to return to the Berrien Springs campus or residence halls until move-in and testing begin in early January.
- Beginning Nov. 25, all campus buildings, with the exclusion of the Campus Center, will close at 7 p.m. each evening. The Campus Center will remain open until 9 p.m. on weekdays and until 10 p.m. on Saturday evening. Campus gates will be closed from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. each day, beginning Nov. 25 and through early January.
- For those who have made arrangements to remain on campus, or have meal plans and live in the community, the Dining Services Gazebo will be open for meals through Dec. 14, from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. each weekday, and will reopen Jan. 6. Dining Services will be closed on Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 26, and for Sabbath lunches beginning Nov. 28. Thanksgiving meals may be pre-ordered and picked up between noon and 7 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 25. Sabbath lunches may be pre-ordered and picked up after noon and through 7 p.m. each Friday, beginning Nov. 27, and through Dec. 11.
Once again, thank you for your commitment and care this fall semester here on our Berrien Springs campus. I, along with the president and Andrews University family as a whole, wish you God’s blessings and peace this holiday season.