Andrews University students are expected to abide by the principles and guidelines delineated in the "Student Handbook" wherever they may live.
1. Policy: Please read the Residential Living Policy to be sure of the qualifications for community living before applying.
2. Application: A Community Residential Application may be obtained online or in the Student Life office (Campus Center, main floor).
Applications must be complete to be approved. There will be NO RUSHES for approval. Immediate clearance, even temporarily, should NOT be expected when submitting applications.
3. Review: Applications will be reviewed and, if needed, an appointment with the dean for Student Life will be arranged.
4. Notification: The dean for Student Life will respond to all applications within two weeks of submission or according to the designated timeline (see below). Students are strongly advised not to make contractual agreements or financial commitments in the community before receiving full approval from Student Life for community living. Student Life is not responsible for these choices or consequences. All notifications (approval or otherwise) will be sent on behalf of the dean for Student Life to the student’s Andrews University email address. Students should NOT assume approval before receiving notification of approval.
|Semester expected to move||Application deadline||Response by|
|Fall Semester||July 1||July 15|
|Spring Semester||November 1||November 15|
5. Follow-up: Students given Approval with Condition* must submit a copy of their older sibling’s signed lease by the first day of the new semester in which the move is made.
*Approval with Condition—This application status may be given to students who have applied to live with a sibling age 22+. This status suggests approval is pending Student Life’s receipt of a copy of the signed lease agreement for the residence where the student will live. The older sibling must be listed as a lessee (tenant) on the agreement. Students will not be cleared in the registration system until this information is received. Approval with Condition will not exceed the period of three weeks.