Mount Aetna Camp & Retreat Center
The center's address is
21905 Mt. Aetna Rd.
Hagerstown, MD 21742
Room Rates: (for a 12-night stay)
$35.20/night for single occup. in Ivy Lodge; $48.80/night double
$29.60/night for single occup. in Oak and Maple Lodges; $38.40 double
A few single rooms are available; for most, you will be sharing a room with one other person, and in this case, the daily rate-per-person is much less. A brochure offers photos and descriptions of accommodations. Call the retreat center to make your reservation directly with them.
Directions: Plan to arrive at the Baltimore (BWI) airport. The retreat center is a little over an hour's drive from there via interstate:
- Start out going WEST on I-195 W. 1.7 miles
- Merge onto MD-295 S via EXIT 2B toward WASHINGTON. 2.9 miles
- Merge onto MD-100 W toward ELLICOTT CITY. 8.1 miles
- Merge onto US-29 N / COLUMBIA PIKE toward I-70. 3.3 miles
- Merge onto I-70 W via EXIT 25B toward FREDERICK. 52.7 miles
- Merge onto MD-66 N/ MAPLEVILLE RD via EXIT 35 toward SMITHSBURG. 1.5 miles
- Enter next roundabout and take 1st exit onto MT AETNA RD. 1.0 miles
- End at 21905 Mount Aetna Rd, Hagerstown, MD 21742-125, US
Transportation: Please let us know if you plan to rent a car, to help consolidate rides. One shuttle bus trip may be made available as well, if needed. Communicate your expected airport arrival time to the DMin office if you need a ride or can provide someone else a ride so we can coordinate transportation.
Meals: Please plan to use the food service provided at reasonable cost at the retreat center (a flat-rate per-meal package price). Meals are lacto-ovo vegetarian or vegan. Other food service options are not available within convenient walking distance.