Q. I have no prior ministerial experience, and I did not major in Theology or Religion. Can I still apply?
Yes, you may still apply! Our Track 2 MDiv degree is designed specifically for you. It will prepare you for a full-time ministry career by providing additional foundational classes to ensure you are fully equipped to serve the Lord as a pastor.

Q. What is the difference between Track 1 and Track 2 MDiv students?
Generally speaking, Track 1 students are students who majored in Theology or Religion in college and have completed the prerequisite courses for the MDiv program. Track 2 students are those who do not have an undergraduate Theology or Religion degree.

Q. How long is the program?
Track 1 students are required to complete 92 credits. Generally, this can be done in three years.
Track 2 students are required to complete 107 credits. Generally, this can be done in three-and-a-half years.

Q. When can I start the MDiv Program?
Track 1 & Track 2 students may begin in either Summer Semester or Fall Semester.
We recommend that Track 2 students begin in the Summer Semester.

Q. Are there any distance learning options?
The MDiv at Andrews University is an on-campus program, and you will be required to complete most of your classes as a local resident.

Q.  Can my spouse receive a tuition discount if he or she wishes to study at the Seminary too?
If you are a full-time, on-campus Seminary student, your spouse may request a discount on tuition if he or she meets certain standards. He or she must:

1) Be accepted into a Seminary master's program
2) Take master's-level courses to fulfill the requirements of a Seminary master's degree
3) Apply for the discount each semester in which you, the full-time Seminary student, are enrolled at the Seminary

The discounted fee is $120 per credit hour and applies for up to nine credits per semester. Seminary students and spouses of Seminary students may also request to informally audit any 500- or 600-level Seminary course (except Seminars and Biblical Languages) regardless of academic qualifications and without charge. This is subject to availability and requires written permission from the instructor and the Seminary Dean.

Q. Who do I contact if I want to visit the campus as a prospective graduate student?
You may contact Student Visits via phone or email to schedule a visit. You may also schedule a visit online at their website.

Q. Do you have on-campus housing for graduate students?
Yes. To learn more about on-campus housing, visit the housing website, or contact the staff at (269) 471-6979, or universityapartments@andrews.edu.

Q. How do I apply?
You can apply online at http://www.andrews.edu/grad/.

Q.How much is the application fee?
The online application fee is $60. (This does not include the Personality Questionnaire fee of $25.)

Q. Do you offer waivers for the application fee?
We do not offer application fee waivers. Everyone must pay this amount.

Q. When is the application deadline?
We recommend that you begin the application process two to three months before the deadline.  Applying and obtaining pertinent documents for admission can be a long endeavor, and all documents required for acceptance must be in the Office of Graduate Enrollment by the following dates:

Summer Enrollment (May Start Date)

  • Domestic Students:
    • Start Application Process by - January 15
    • Complete Applicaiton Process by - March 15
  • International Students:
    • Start Application Process by - November 15
    • Complete Applicaiton Process by - January 15

Fall Enrollment (August Start Date)

  • Domestic Students:
    • Start Application Process by - May 15
    • Complete Applicaiton Process by - July 15
  • International Students:
    • Start Application Process by - March 15
    • Complete Applicaiton Process by - May 15

After these dates, there will be a late application fee for domestic students. International students are REQUIRED to complete their application by the dates listed above. 

Q. Do all of my application materials have to arrive by the deadline?
Yes. You should have all of your application materials in by the deadline if you want your application to be considered for the selected term.

Q. I missed the application deadline! Can I still apply?
International students must get all application materials in by the final deadline or they cannot be considered. If you are a domestic student, you may apply.  However, if your application is late, we cannot guarantee that your application will be reviewed or completed in time for you to begin in your preferred term.

Q. If I have problems or questions about the online application, admission process, or documents needed, who should I contact?
You may contact the Office of Graduate Enrollment.

Office of Graduate Enrollment
(269) 471-6321

Q. How do I check my application status online?
When you apply, you should receive a welcome email with instructions for setting up a preVue account. You may check the status of your application through this website. If you have further questions, you may contact the Office of Graduate Enrollment at (269) 471-6321, or via email at graduate@andrews.edu.

Q. Do I have to take the GRE?
The GRE is not required for MDiv students. For a list of application requirements, go here.

Q. Where should I send my transcript(s)?

  • Mail to: Graduate Enrollment
    Andrews University
    Berrien Springs, MI 49104-0620

    (269) 471-6246 (Fax)

Only official transcripts will be accepted. If you submit an unofficial transcript, we will still need your official transcript before your application is considered complete.

Q. Who should I ask to write my letters of recommendation?
Your recommendations should be from the following sources:

  1. A college religion department (if you are a theology or religion graduate of an SDA college within the past five years).
  2. A local church board where you are either a member or where you have been actively engaged in some form of ministry for at least one year. This recommendation should be signed by the pastor, or, in his absence, a church elder.
  3. A person not included in the previous categories (preferably a church leader, pastor, administrator or teacher).

Q. What is the Financial Statement component of the application?
The Financial Statement helps us to see how you intend to finance your studies here. It is also meant to help you anticipate the costs you will incur as a student. You can access the form here. When you have completed it, you can mail or fax it to the following:

  • Mail to:

    Graduate Admissions
    Andrews University
    Berrien Springs, MI 49104-0620

    (269) 471-6246 (Fax)

Q. I only have a few more credits until I am done with my bachelor’s degree. Can I start the MDiv program and dually enroll in undergraduate classes at Andrews to finish my bachelor’s?
If you are already an Andrews University student, you may dually enroll in the undergraduate program and the MDiv program as you finish your bachelor’s degree. If you are completing your undergraduate studies elsewhere, you will need to complete your bachelor’s degree before starting the MDiv program at the Seminary.

Q. When will I find out if I have been accepted?
Your application cannot be processed until we receive all requested documents, including letters of recommendation, college transcripts, financial budget and more. Once we have received all required documents,  Graduate Admissions will send your admission package to the Seminary for evaluation and processing. It takes two to three weeks for this final step to be completed.

You may check your application status online through your preVue account. For further questions about preVue, contact  the Office of Graduate Enrollment at (269) 471-6321, or graduate@andrews.edu.

Q. How much does the MDiv Program cost?
Tuition fees for  2017-2018 are as follows:

Fall: $2,994.00 (+362 General fee), for up to 16 credits
Spring: $2,994.00 (+362 General fee), for up to 16 credits
Summer: $2,252.00 (+141 General fee) for up to 12 credits

Please keep in mind that this does not include the cost of other school fees, books, food, lodging and other expenses you may incur while studying here.

Q. Are there any scholarships available?
Tuition for the MDiv program is subsidized by the North American Division and the General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists, so there are no additional scholarships available through the Seminary. However, you may wish to research external scholarship opportunities. You may also contact Student Financial Services to learn about other financial aid options. This office can be reached at (269) 471-3334, or sfs@andrews.edu.

Q. Who do I talk to about getting loans and about other financial aid questions?
You should contact Student Financial Services. They can be reached at (269) 471-3334, or sfs@andrews.edu.

Q. Is there someone on campus who can answer my questions about international students?
The office of International Students Services is an excellent resource for you. This office can be reached at (269) 471-6395, or iss@andrews.edu.

Q. Do international students submit the same application as domestic students?
Yes, the application is the same. However, if you are an international student, you will need to review additional information we have on this website just for you. Also, see the deadlines listed for you under the heading: “When is the application deadline?”

Q. How many credits do international students have to take each semester?
International students need to take at least nine credits per semester in order to maintain a valid visa.

Q. Do I have to take the TOEFL or MELAB English proficiency test?
Yes. Class work at Andrews University is in English. Applicants whose mother tongue is a language other than English must submit scores of a standardized English proficiency exam.

Q. Can I take the English test when I arrive at Andrews?
You will need to take the TOEFL or MELAB before you come to Andrews. Our courses require a high level of English language ability. We want to ensure that you will be able to fully engage with the subject matter without being unduly hindered by language difficulties.

Q. Do I need a visa and an I-20 if I am only coming in the summer?
All international students need an I-20 and a visa to be able to study in the US.

Q. How can I connect with other students from my country/region?
Click here to see a list of international student clubs on campus.