The Andrews University Archives is the official designated repository for all forms of University records with fiscal, legal, social, administrative, or historical value. Records held in the Archives date from the historical beginnings of the University in 1874 with Battle Creek College in Battle Creek, Michigan, to the move in 1901 to Berrien Springs as Emmanuel Missionary College, to the merger with Potomac University and the Seventh-day Adventist Theological Seminary in 1958 to become Andrews University, and to the present.
The records maintained at the Archives include the correspondence of the presidents and other officers; minutes of the Board of Trustees, administrative, and faculty committees; and other records from a variety of offices, including administration, schools, departments, centers, institutes, and other entities of the University.
The Archives includes the Records Center where non-current records are held until they are no longer needed by the University or they pass into the publically accessible Archives. Many records in the University Archives are closed to public use, however a wide range of records are available for public access.